Register Your Team is a tournament registration system designed to accommodate the unique needs of Destination Imagination® Regional and Affiliate tournaments. It was created by a DI Alumnus / Regional Director, has since been transfered to DIHQ, and has been used by thousands of parents and volunteers since its launch in 2013.
This list should give you a good idea of the primary goals of Register Your Team.
- Free to use. Maintenance, hosting, technical support are all provided as a service of Destination Imagination® Inc.
- Easy to setup. No need to install anything. Just let us know that you're interested and we'll give you access. It's as easy as filling out a form with your specific tournament requirements.
- Flexible. Every DI tournament is a little different, and Register Your Team is designed to handle a variety of needs. For example, you can require a specific number of Appraisers and/or Support Volunteers, customize the Participant / Volunteer agreement forms, and set due dates and late fees.
- Zero paper. Team registration forms, Team Manager release forms, parent/guardian release forms, Appraiser registration forms, and Support Volunteer registration forms are all completed electronically. Only the person administering the team's registration needs an account – all other forms are matched up to the team by the Team Number.
- Better data. Teams can work on their registration over time – but tournament administrators can see everything as they work on it. Step one for them is declaring their level and Challenge, so that data is available to you immediately. You can view / sort and export lists of Teams, Team Managers, Appraisers, Support Volunteers, and Participants at any time. Plus, this data remains available to you year after year so you can do things like easily invite Appraisers to return.
- Collect tournament fees electronically. If you choose, you can collect tournament fees electronically and/or by check. Electronic payments use the payment processor Stripe, which is well-known, secure, and easy to use. Connecting Stripe with your Region / Affiliate checking account involves filling out one short form – payments are deposited every two days. Stripe charges 2.9% + $0.30 for each transaction (For example, if your tournament fee is $40, you would receive $38.54.) In our experience, most (but not all) teams prefer to pay electronically. You can also allow teams to mail a check, which you can log once you receive. Register Your Team maintains a ledger of all transactions.
- Easy for teams. Registering a team necessarily requires a lot of people to fill out forms. Register Your Team walks the person registering the team through the process step by step, with instructions along the way. We make it easy for everyone (parents, Team Managers, Appraisers) to fill out their respective release forms, and easy for the person registering the team to see what exactly has been done and what hasn't.
- Secure. All data transmitted to and from RegisterYourTeam.org uses industry standard encryption. Sensitive financial data (e.g., complete credit card numbers) are not stored by Register Your Team. Release information for participants, Appraisers, Team Managers, and Support Volunteers is not made available to anyone except for the tournament administrators. Passwords are securely hashed following industry best practices, and are never available in plain text.
Want to know more? E-mail us at [email protected].